Expand Your Sales Funnel With A Pinterest Shop
04 May 2021
By Web Strategy Plus
To help the struggling business owners and support their online sales efforts, Pinterest has launched a new upgrade. Much like Facebook and Instagram, Pinterest has added a Shop tab.
What Is A Pinterest Shop?
The Pinterest Shop is a new tab that showcases small businesses’ products and profiles, much like Etsy. Businesses upload their product catalogs to Pinterest, and they are automatically turned into product Pins. Pinterest then creates product recommendations for consumers based on Pins they have already added to their collection.
Pinterest boasts 442 million users per month and is a powerful platform for business owners because it reaches 77 percent of U.S. women between the ages of 25 and 54, and 60 percent of women globally per month. With women expected to control 75 percent of the discretionary spending by 2028, every business that targets women should stop to consider if Pinterest is a viable way to reach their target audience.
The Benefits Of A Pinterest Shop
Prior to the Shop tab upgrade, shoppers were scavenging mixed search results and boards and having trouble finding what they wanted.
The Pinterest Shop tab has made a more productive and organized shopping experience for Pinterest users. They can browse and shop in-stock product pins from a dedicated space.
Here’s the good news for businesses: Because the Shop tab links a product Pin directly to the checkout page on an Ecommerce website, retailers are experiencing increased traffic and sales to their websites.
Where The Pinterest Shop Can Be Found
The Pinterest Shop tab rollout is accessible throughout the entire platform. Here’s where you can find it:
- On a Pinterest Board. The Shop tab will show users the products they have saved to their board, as well as related in-stock products inspired by those product pins.
- In search results. This will make it easier for users to shop in-stock products based on their search terms.
- From Pins. Users can click on “shop similar” to see other suggested in-stock products.
- In Style Guides. For home décor themed searches, the visible recommendations of the shop tab in style guides makes it easier for users to find what they are looking for, especially when they don’t have the exact words to describe it.
- On brand profile pages. Retailers that are part of Pinterest’s Verified Merchant Program can have a dedicated Shop tab on their profile. Any business can apply to be a verified merchant, but they must meet certain eligibility requirements.
If you are interested in having a presence on Pinterest or adding a Shop tab to your business’s Pinterest board, contact Web Strategy Plus. Our digital marketing agency is a one-stop shop for digital marketing and social media strategies. We can help you set up your Pinterest account, add a Shop tab to your board, or help you through the Verified Merchant Program application process. Contact us at 877-224-0478 or click this link to schedule your free consultation! For more tips to grow your business, check us out on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.