Today, we live in the age of the internet. Your website has become one of the most important tools for promoting your business. Be it a small business or a large enterprise, having a well-designed website has become imperative. However, just having a website isn’t enough. Your website can make or break your business, and it needs to be designed keeping modern-day standards and protocols in mind. Moreover, the preferences of the audience must be carefully managed too. If you already have a website, you need to ask yourself if it is doing the job efficiently or is it time to consider an upgrade. The following 5 reasons will help you understand when you must take action.
- Security: In today’s times, one of the most important aspects of your website is the security. You need to analyze if your website has the latest security measures in place or not. With the passage of each day, there are newer security risks that we face. This need for security is even more profound for websites that accept customer payments. In this scenario, your old security measures will stand no chance of protecting you against those threats. If you aren’t sure how to analyze your website’s security we can offer you a free web strategy audit of your current website to determine how you are doing. The good news is all of our websites are custom built with top security in mind using the best tools to prevent, monitor and counteract cyber attacks.
- Mobile Optimization: A great majority of internet traffic today is coming from a range of mobile platforms. By not having a mobile-friendly website, you are failing to cater to much of your current and/or potential internet traffic. Moreover, it is important to note that your desktop website can’t do the same job on mobile phones. Mobile users want information quickly and at their fingertips. An expert website designer has to carefully create a sound mobile experience. Ultimately, having a well-crafted, mobile-friendly website is a must. Not sure if your site is Mobile Friendly? Be sure to take this free Google Mobile-Friendly test.
- Ease of Communication: What happens if your customers have to contact you? Can they do so through your website? Evaluate your contact forms to see if they capture all the desired information. Moreover, it shouldn’t be too detailed so as to make your customers shy away from giving you the information. You want your contact forms to capture the most essential information for your team to get back to the customer. You also want to set up auto-responder emails to let them know you have received their message. Additionally, you need to let your customers be able to contact you via your social media accounts. Some companies also offer “request an appointment” integrations that tie directly into your personal calendar so customers can book a real-time appointment with you right away. If you need to improve your conversion optimization we can help!
- SEO: SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. As the name suggests, SEO is a technique used to optimize your website for Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Your website needs to be SEO friendly in order for such search engines to place it in their search rankings. Moreover, this can also help with improving your overall ranking in Search Results. The higher you are in the search results, the more is the probability of your website being clicked. There’s a lot of work that goes into a website being SEO optimized. Developers have to look into page speeds, keyword optimization of content, website codes, and more. Most importantly website companies need to do on-page Search Engine Optimization when they first build the site.
- Website Speed: Finally, websites page load times also are a critical aspect of your website’s performance and customer conversion. If your website takes too long to load, there are chances that your customers will drop out or at least start with a bad impression of your business. These days, your websites are expected to load in 1.8 to 2.7 seconds. Any delay can hurt your conversions. If your website takes too long to load, you need to contact a professional website development company today to consider an upgrade. More importantly, Google is now requiring sites to load within 3-5 seconds to continue being shown on mobile search. You can use this Google Mobile speed test to see your results.
Need help with your Web Strategy? We offer a free instant web strategy score. You may also request a consultation and live website review to help you identify the exact areas of your marketing plan that need improvement. Web Strategy Plus provides a “one-stop shop” full-service digital marketing agency where all of your marketing efforts are tied together to drive more leads to your business. We proudly serve local businesses and franchise networks of all types worldwide. Whether you require a professional website or need help promoting it, we can help you with it all. Our main goal is to provide cost-effective web strategies that drive results. You may also Request a Quote. If you need to know more about our website development and website designing services, you can reach us at 1-877-224-0478. You may also schedule an appointment to talk to us when it is most convenient for you!
Michelle Hummel is CEO of Web Strategy Plus a full-service digital marketing agency focused on Franchise Marketing. She was recently nominated for the Woman-Owned Business of the Year! She’s a passionate Social Media Trainer with 15+ years of successful online business development, sales, and marketing experience. She also holds a valuable Internet Marketing Degree however with the ever-changing world of web marketing she strives to learn something new every day.
She travels Nationwide visiting her 22 Social Media Enthusiasts Chapters she developed Nationwide delivering in-depth social media training. She also provides Social Media Certifications through founding Web Media University. A current contributing editor to The Franchise Dictionary Magazine and she has written 3 books in her series called, “The Social Media Magnet: Everything You Need to Know to Attract Customers with Social Media”, where she shares her best-kept secrets to success. She also specializes in helping Franchisors and Franchisees develop an integrated web marketing program to drive leads. She’s available for interviews via email, telephone, Skype video, news segments on location and more. Just let her know how she can help!